What could be more important to anyone starting a home business than to have a way to manage all the information you deem relevant to your business and your life? Evernote and Starting a Home Business Successfully Let me introduce you to Evernote, a tool that proclaims it will help you: Remember everything. Capture anything. […]
Starting a Home Business requires careful planning and preparation. Articles and posts in this category will get you off to a fast start!
What could be more important to anyone starting a home business than to have a way to manage all the information you deem relevant to your business and your life?
Evernote and Starting a Home Business SuccessfullyLet me introduce you to Evernote, a tool that proclaims it will help you:
- Remember everything.
- Capture anything.
- Access anywhere.
- Find things fast.
Remember everything “Evernote makes it easy to remember things big and small from your everyday life using your computer, phone, tablet and the web.” Capture anything “Save your ideas, things you like, things you hear, and things you see.” Access anywhere “Evernote works with nearly every computer, phone and mobile device out there.” Find things fast “Search by keyword, tag or even printed and handwritten text inside images.”
Getting Started with EvernoteEvernote’s free version may be all you ever need. Since starting a home business, I’ve been using Evernote and have not felt the need to upgrade to the paid version yet. However, my use of it is expanding as I find more and more uses for it so I have not ruled out an upgrade in the future. There are two ways to get started...
- Create an account with Evernote and follow the instructions to download the application software to your device(s). If you are starting a home business, you will be glad to know you can use Evernote on multiple devices (computer, tablet and smartphone). Auto-syncing capabilities will keep them all updated.
- Or download the app to your device and follow the instructions to create an account.
- Create notes from scratch using the editor
- Email to Evernote - You will be given a unique Evernote email address and anything you email to that address will create a note within Evernote. You can designate within the subject line the note title, the destination notebook and assign tags to the note.
- Use the Evernote Web Clipper extension to your browser. This is a quick and easy way to capture anything you find on the web including articles or selected text. The blog post in the above example was captured and placed into Evernote using the Web Clipper.
- Scan documents to Evernote - Evernote and Fujitsu have partnered to integrate its Scansnap scanners with Evernote but you can use any scanner to create a pdf file or an image which can be placed in your Evernote notes.
- Knowledge base
- Video tutorials
- Getting started guides
Succeed In Your Home Business - Communicate With Your Team ommunication is the determining factor on whether you succeed in your home business or fail. An online business does not mean hiding behind your computer and not talking to anybody. The number one mistake newbie home business owners make is not working with a […]
ome affiliate marketers avoid being an affiliate for Amazon because they feel the 4% commission is not worth the time and effort. This can be true if you only sell a few books – 4% on a $15.00 book will not put food on your table. However, if you are looking for ways to make […]
Having An Online Business Will Help Baby Boomers Retire We were the generation that thought we would never grow old! Just look at us now, retirements right around the corner or we’re already there. Baby Boomers will have a very different retirement to that of our parent’s generation. 650,000 of us turned 65 during 2011 […]
Starting a home business has captured the imagination of thousands. Perhaps you are one of them. I know I am. Perhaps you've "chased a few shiny objects" that regularly present themselves in your inbox. I know I have. Perhaps you bought more "magic formulas to online success" than you care to admit. I know I […]
Or for that matter, can anyone... Starting A Home Business Make It In MLM? Starting a home business with a MLM company is easy, fast and you can do it on a “shoestring.” What’s not to like about that? Thousands are lured every day into this most popular way to earn money from home. […]
Is starting a home business the answer for baby boomers facing a limited retirement income? Although you may be kicking yourself for not having enough money or not starting your own business when you were younger; hold fast to the thought that you can still build a business and achieve the level of success you […]
In trying to manage all the details around starting a home business successfully I have installed Microsoft Office 2010. I am busy finding my way around the application today. I have already used the 2007 version of OneNote over the past few years. I find it is like having binders full of information in one […]
Personal “Branding” is a very important step in starting a home business successfully online. Like it or not, your online reputation matters. You are being Googled by, employers, prospective clients and even the neighbors. Having a crisp clear personal brand is a way to put your best face forward each and every time you are […]
Everyone, when starting a home business wants it to be successful. Often, success appears in a different shape or form than was originally intended. Sometimes things happen in a way that was not originally planned. It's not luck... It's just that things turn out differently than was expected initially. An example is Facebook. The Facebook […]