What could be more important to anyone starting a home business than to have a way to manage all the information you deem relevant to your business and your life? Evernote and Starting a Home Business Successfully Let me introduce you to Evernote, a tool that proclaims it will help you: Remember everything. Capture anything. […]
What could be more important to anyone starting a home business than to have a way to manage all the information you deem relevant to your business and your life?
Evernote and Starting a Home Business SuccessfullyLet me introduce you to Evernote, a tool that proclaims it will help you:
- Remember everything.
- Capture anything.
- Access anywhere.
- Find things fast.
Remember everything “Evernote makes it easy to remember things big and small from your everyday life using your computer, phone, tablet and the web.” Capture anything “Save your ideas, things you like, things you hear, and things you see.” Access anywhere “Evernote works with nearly every computer, phone and mobile device out there.” Find things fast “Search by keyword, tag or even printed and handwritten text inside images.”
Getting Started with EvernoteEvernote’s free version may be all you ever need. Since starting a home business, I’ve been using Evernote and have not felt the need to upgrade to the paid version yet. However, my use of it is expanding as I find more and more uses for it so I have not ruled out an upgrade in the future. There are two ways to get started...
- Create an account with Evernote and follow the instructions to download the application software to your device(s). If you are starting a home business, you will be glad to know you can use Evernote on multiple devices (computer, tablet and smartphone). Auto-syncing capabilities will keep them all updated.
- Or download the app to your device and follow the instructions to create an account.
- Create notes from scratch using the editor
- Email to Evernote - You will be given a unique Evernote email address and anything you email to that address will create a note within Evernote. You can designate within the subject line the note title, the destination notebook and assign tags to the note.
- Use the Evernote Web Clipper extension to your browser. This is a quick and easy way to capture anything you find on the web including articles or selected text. The blog post in the above example was captured and placed into Evernote using the Web Clipper.
- Scan documents to Evernote - Evernote and Fujitsu have partnered to integrate its Scansnap scanners with Evernote but you can use any scanner to create a pdf file or an image which can be placed in your Evernote notes.
- Knowledge base
- Video tutorials
- Getting started guides
Why do many “solopreneurs” who are starting a home business neglect creating a business plan? After all, business planning is considered an essential success factor for any business venture. You’ve heard all the clichés such as: Failing to plan is planning to fail. If you don’t know where you’re going, any road will take you […]
Even if you’re not into New Year’s resolutions you need to do something similar for your home business like it or not. Why? You have to do business planning if you have a business. Home businesses are not exempt from this requirement. Whether you are just starting a home business or already have a going […]
Blogging about your business is an essential online marketing strategy for anyone starting a home business. It's something you have to do and unless you have staff or an online marketing budget for outsourcing, you are stuck with doing it yourself. If you are like most starting a home business it will be the latter. […]
Starting a home business has captured the imagination of thousands. Perhaps you are one of them. I know I am. Perhaps you've "chased a few shiny objects" that regularly present themselves in your inbox. I know I have. Perhaps you bought more "magic formulas to online success" than you care to admit. I know I […]
A Priority For Personal Development Isn’t “making your case” what much of life is about? We start early doing it. As babies, we cried to get what we wanted. As toddlers, we cried sometimes but developed other skills like whining, being annoying or being cute to get our way. As adolescents, a whole new […]
Or for that matter, can anyone... Starting A Home Business Make It In MLM? Starting a home business with a MLM company is easy, fast and you can do it on a “shoestring.” What’s not to like about that? Thousands are lured every day into this most popular way to earn money from home. […]
Article marketing copy that grabs attention... ... promotes trust and makes readers want to buy is rarely among the skills possessed by entrepreneurs starting a home business. Just a couple of days ago I added this piece of advice to a post I was sharing on one of the social networks… I said, “Write […]
Please, somebody, just give me a checklist for... Promoting My Business On Social Media ... It's making my head hurt. I'm just starting a home business and I don't have time to climb a steep learning curve. Ever feel like shouting that? Well, hang on. I'm going to give you a checklist you will love. […]
Starting a home business successfully requires some online marketing tools and skills that may take you out of your comfort zone. Perhaps none is more intimidating to the new blogger than Hyper Text Markup Language (HTML). But let me hasten to add before you run for the hills that you need to know very little […]