It’s hard to believe that summer is over. It’s sad to say goodbye to those lazy, hazy days of summer when life seemed to move a bit slower and everyone’s in vacation mode.
Perhaps your business has been on a bit of a vacation as well.
Here we are at September and for many business owners and entrepreneurs, September is the beginning of a new business year. It’s time get re-energized and take your business to the next level.
5 Tips To Re-Energizing Your Business.
1) Re-Read your vision statement.
• Does your vision statement still hold true today or does it need to be re-evaluated?
• Why are you in business? Does your “why” still excite and energize you or do you need to make some adjustments?
This is what Susan Ward says about a visions statement:
“A vision statement is your ticket to success. A photograph in words of your company's future, it provides the inspiration for both your daily operations and your strategic decisions.
Without a vision statement, effective business planning would be impossible; it's the vision statement that provides the destination for the journey, and without a destination, how can you plan the route?”
2) Re-Examine your business. Ask yourself these questions.
• What is my core strengths as a business and business owner?
• Who is my customer?
• How do I best serve them?
• Who is my competition?
• What is going on in my industry?
3) Re-Assess how your business operates.
• Does everyday work support your vision or have you been taken off-track by urgent, yet distracting activities?
• How much time is actually spent on your "bread & butter" business?
• How much time is invested on secondary targets projects?
• Are these ventures consistent with your vision?
• How much time is spent dealing with day-to-day "urgencies" or just putting out fires?
• Prioritize work to achieve your core business goals.
• Prioritize what else has a high probability of success.
• Remember it is better to work well on fewer goals than
do many things halfway.
• Remind yourself of the big picture - why you're in business and how your business delivers value to customers.
• Remember to celebrate your successes! Recognize progress and small milestones, as well as the big wins.
• Spend time reviewing your business. It is easier to change how you do business than why you do business. If you are in line with your vision and purpose, it is much easier to re-prioritize tasks and refocus resources for the next successful business cycle.
These 5 tips will help you start the process of re-energizing your business and enable you to re- focus on your mission and vision statements. This will help enable your business to not only survive but to grow and prosper in the years ahead.
Re-Energize your business today.
P.S.: Please click the “Like” button, share with your friends, and leave your comments. I look forward to hearing from you, or answering your questions.
P.P.S.: If you are inspired to learn how to build your business successfully and re-energize your business, work with us by joining our Team.