There are many aspects of personal development.
There are many kinds of makeovers - the ones you can see and the ones you cannot see.
Transforming yourself on the inside requires making major choices about how you think, feel and react. It is not easy work, but the payoff is when you look in the mirror and know you’re a happier, better, more peaceful version of yourself. It definitely is possible and well worth the effort!
When things aren’t going the way you want, be honest with yourself and don’t blame other people. You are the creator of your life. That means you are the change for your life! If you are hostile to other people, they will be hostile to you. If you are warm and caring, they are warm and caring back to you.
As Dr. Phil says, “We teach people how to treat us.”
Here are some suggestions to start your transformation.
- Look for patterns in how you view yourself, your family, work and other aspects of your life. Do you feel not good about doing certain things? You may be complacent about your life. Are you afraid of change and risk? Be open to the possibilities that may present themselves. What kind of lenses are you wearing as you view your world? When you adjust your perception, you transform your reality.
- Are your not good emotions slowing you down or stopping you from enjoying life? Dealing with anger, anxiety and guilt by taking even small steps toward resolution would help. Clear your mind of these debilitating thoughts. You need to let go and leave the past behind.. Think of better ways to engage with your world and the people in it. If you find you often argue about the same things with a certain person see if you can identify the trigger and choose not to react to it. Or you could take a deep breath and stop yourself before you say something you may regret later.
- If you are a dreamer about life, write down some concrete goals you want to achieve and when you want to achieve them by. Be very specific. Taking baby steps toward what you want will eventually get you to reach the goal. Break it down into realistic, achievable steps. Evaluate yourself fairly often. Reward yourself for achieving the main goal you set out to achieve. This is one part many people omit and it is key towards motivating you to take on new things.
- Do things that you would not normally do. If you spend a lot of time alone get out and meet people and do new things. This involves being out of your comfort zone.
- You need to love yourself enough for you to feel you can do better and that you deserve better. The more you understand who you are and who you want to become, the less validation you will require from others. When you lack respect for yourself, any respect someone else gives you, you will hold onto for dear life and you will feel threatened and not grounded if you don’t get it. Other people’s opinions don’t matter as much when you have a reservoir of dignity and respect for yourself. Love yourself more.
- An interesting analogy is if someone asked you “Where do you want to go?” and you do not have an answer. You will have no plan to get there and you also won’t know when you get there. If you have a set destination you can plan how to get there and know you are there when you achieve your goals.
You can transform yourself from the inside out! Be the best you can be!
P.S.: Please “Like”, share with your friends, and leave your comments. We look forward to hearing from you.
P.P.S.: If you are inspired to learn about how to build your business successfully, work with us by joining our Team.