Personal “Branding” is a very important step in starting a home business successfully online.
Like it or not, your online reputation matters. You are being Googled by, employers, prospective clients and even the neighbors. Having a crisp clear personal brand is a way to put your best face forward each and every time you are searched for on line or in Social Media.
In cyber space, as in the real world, creating a personal brand that relates to you uniqueness is very important. It is very important to speak in your unique voice and also to have a brand that is unique to you. In my particular situation I have two avatars and one logo.
The first avatar is a picture of me in my professional attire.
I am in my uniform with a dental suite in the background. I use this when I interact on Linked In, or in forums around anything pertaining to my designation which is Registered Dental Hygienist. For my business, my avatar is here on this post used as a signature for my email.
For my logo, I have a business around health and wellness so the logo depicts this area of expertise in my uniqueness on line.
I had help creating my header and business logo through a service on line which kept the cost down. As you can see the photo is reversed and I used bacteria and drills for the background. I use this personal branding on my Fan page and on my personal blog around Dental Hygiene.
Here are a few Tips on Personal Branding
- The general purpose of your brand is to show you have expertise in a particular field.
- It is important to have a logo that comes up on the computer when the search engines find your site in a search.
- When you create a blog or website it is important that your brand relate to the topic on your site.
- When using Social Media such as Linked In, Facebook, Twitter and Google + to promote yourself in starting a home business successfully it is important to use the same avatar.
- You may ask what an avatar is. It is the same logo or picture on each and every site so people following you through Facebook or Twitter know at an instance it is you. When people are searching to join you on Skype or Linked In they see the same profile so again they can recognize “you are the one” they are looking for and feel confident in joining your group.
Here is an example of one avatar I am using in building my personal branding while starting a home business successfully. This is the brand I chose as a signature for my emails. There is a link at the bottom where you can go to have one yourself if you would like solidify your brand when sending emails from your account to any contact you send an email to.
Have a day worth celebrating!
with 100% commissions.
Coach, Consultant, Mentor
Contact me: Hathor.H
Are you interested in how to start a home business successfully?
Here at Small Biz Incubator we can help you develop an online presence through personal branding and your unique talents. Come join us. You can look around for 30 days to see if we are a fit!
To Your Success!