What prevents 90% of people from starting a home business successfully is they are always starting - they get side-tracked with way too
You start out going with one business opportunity; you are ready to go after your dreams.
Then after making a list of people to contact or getting into the technicalities of building a blog your enthusiasm starts to fade. Why? Because a work from home business is more work than you thought it was going to be.
Time goes by, you decide to take a break, you lose momentum; next you decide building a home business is too much work.
You understand the business concept. It is a great, awesome concept. But somehow it is not working for you.
When you really have the entrepreneurial bug it won’t be long and you will start searching again for a way to build a profitable, legitimate business from home.
You start down the same road again.
Change your road to get different results.
Stop starting and stopping – you are building a habit of failure.
Memorize the following 3 quotes to keep you moving in the right direction:
1. "If you follow your bliss, you put yourself on a kind of track that has been there all the while, waiting for you, and the life that you ought to be living." Joseph Campbell 1904-1987, Writer and Lecturer
2. "Decide where you are going and how you are to get there. Then make a start from where you now stand." Napoleon Hill 1883-1970, Author of Think and Grow Rich
3. "You may never know what results come from your action. But if you do nothing, there will be no result." Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi 1869-1948, Led India to Independence
Do not become like the proverbial stone cutter cutting figures from a block of stone. Every few days he changes his model of what he is cutting. Before long he has cut the stone away and has nothing to show for his efforts except a pile of sand.
It is the same with starting your home business. If you keep changing and starting over you will always be starting a home business, but never really having one.
What is the solution?
- Memorize the 3 quotes
- Make a decision
- Create a clear picture in your mind
- Keep your energy focused on your goal
- Do one thing at a time
In the words of Tony Robbins in a recent email I received - Is multi-tasking making you stressed AND stupid?
According to a study by the British Institute of Psychiatry, excessive use of technology reduced workers' intelligence; and those distracted by incoming e-mail and phone calls saw a 10-point drop in their IQ, over twice the impact of marijuana use!
When we multi-task we lose the power we all know in our lives. A mischievous child may take a magnifying glass and filter sunlight through it, suddenly setting a leaf on fire. Many of us lack that laser-like focus with our time...
When you have too many ideas your energy becomes scattered and useless.
- Write down your good ideas for future review
- Stick with your main focus and remind yourself every day.
- Move out of the 90% who are always starting a home business into the 10% who have a successful home business.
P.S. Joining a team of like-minded people is a great strategy for staying focused. Work with us to build your business.